Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated professional to join our team in Camrose, Alberta.
As the GIS Technician for our conservation programs, you will be responsible for developing GIS-based support material that will enhance the planning, development and delivery of habitat programs which benefit waterfowl and other wildlife.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and passionate about the outdoors – a self-starter who can work with a wide range of people.
You have a background in GIS, have excellent computer skills and have good communication that enable you to deal effectively with both DUC and external audiences.
You are independent, resourceful and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
Your attention to detail, strong time management skills, professional experience and directly related knowledge make you the ideal candidate for this position.
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in with a GIS focus
- Understanding of wetland mapping principles and air photo interpretation experience
- Be familiar with data creation, geoprocessing, geodatabases and metadata maintenance
- Knowledge of cartographic principles (projections and datums)
- Excellent cartographic skills in developing various communication delivery products
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well independently and also in a team setting while keeping others informed of your progress.
- Familiarity with the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be considered an asset
- A background in wildlife management, biology, ecology or related discipline would also be an asset
- A valid driver’s license is required
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: February 23, 2018
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.