Summer Employment Opportunity (2 positions available)
Working as part of a team, the Nature Interpreter will deliver Ducks Unlimited wetland education programs and field trips to elementary students.
Reporting to the Education Specialist, responsibilities may include:
- traveling to various wetland sites in New Brunswick to deliver outdoor field trips
- booking and facilitating various wetland education activities and events
- compiling feedback from education programs
The position will be located at the Fredericton DUC Conservation Centre and include travel to wetland sites in NB.
- Be fluently bilingual (English and French)
- Be registered as a full-time post-secondary student and intending to return full-time in the fall
- Possess valid first aid and CPR training
- Be willing to complete a vulnerable sector check
- Be energetic and have experience working with youth and the public
- Possess excellent communication and organization skills
- Have enthusiasm for the outdoors, wildlife, and environmental conservation
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be legally able to rent a vehicle in New Brunswick
- Knowledge of wildlife/wetland biology is an asset
- Expected term of employment is 10-16 weeks (length dependent on funding), beginning May 1, 2018
- Salary is $13.00 – $14.00/hr based on a 35-hour week
- This position involves travelling in NB.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- You will work as a team with another education staff.
How to Apply
If you’re a conservation-minded individual who is interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resumé for confidential consideration to the attention of:
Education Specialist Ducks Unlimited Canada
Closing deadline: April 5, 2018
Please quote “Nature Interpreter NB” in the subject line of your application.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.