(Weekdays, evenings, weekends)
Position Summary: Assists with food preparation & service, cash handling.
- Greet and assist café visitors, provide service in an efficient and pleasant manner
- Operate and clean basic kitchen equipment and/or appliances (such as coffee makers, food warmers, microwave, griddle, dishwasher, etc.)
- Provide prompt service (plating food, clearing and wiping tables, washing dishes, etc.)
- Operate the cash register and related equipment to take payment (cash, debit, credit card, 10-40, etc.). Opening and/or closing cash and POS.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with proper food handling protocols
- Assist with food preparation as required
- Assist with catering services to meeting rooms
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Minimum education and experience: High School diploma
- At least one year of experience working in food services/customer service
- Certified food handler certificate is an asset
- Experience handling cash/cash handling systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with people
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must provide own transportation to and from the job location
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.