Before submitting your artwork to the National Art Portfolio, please review the submission guidelines.
We accept submissions for the National Art Portfolio throughout the year. The cut off to apply for the 2019 portfolio is September 1, 2018.
All submissions received by April 1, 2019 will also be considered for the 2020 portfolio.
Important Changes to National Art Portfolio Submissions
Due to the growth of our National Art Portfolio, we are making some changes to submission and selection dates. These changes will provide artists with more favourable timelines and will better align with DUC’s fundraising calendar.
- We are currently inviting artists’ submissions for both the 2019 and 2020 National Art Portfolios.
- For the 2019 National Art Portfolio, we will be selecting one Artist of the Year and one Waterfowl Stamp and Print. These images will be selected from any submissions received by September 1, 2018.
- For the 2020 National Art Portfolio, we will be selecting up to 15 images including one Artist of the Year, one Waterfowl Stamp and Print and Portfolio Artists. These images will be selected from any submissions received now through April 1, 2019.
There are three categories under which your artwork can be admitted to DUC’s National Art Portfolio.
Artwork is considered for inclusion based on the requirements for each category.
National Artist of the Year
One artist will be chosen as DUC’s National Artist of the Year.
- Artwork for this category can feature wildlife, waterfowl, dogs, equine, fishing, hunting, camping and cabin scenes.
- Our Artist of the Year will receive an honorarium and 100 artist proofs.
Waterfowl Stamp and Print
Each year, DUC selects one waterfowl piece that will be made into a special print and stamp set.
- The subject for artwork in this category is limited to a single species of waterfowl.
- If selected, your print will be reproduced with a traditional and collectible 6 1/2″ x 9″ image size. A limited edition of offset lithographic prints will be produced.
- The Waterfowl Stamp and Print Artist will receive an honorarium and artist proofs.
We will select pieces which will be reproduced in a limited edition of offset lithographic prints.
- Artwork for the category can feature wildlife, waterfowl, dogs, horses, fishing, hunting, camping and cabin scenes. There are no restrictions to subject and we invite submissions featuring landscapes, still life, portraits, cityscapes, collages, abstract art or any other form.
- Artists will receive artist proofs. Alumni artists selected in this category will receive an honorarium for each subsequent image accepted.
- The artist retains their original artwork.
- Submissions must represent original artwork created from the artist’s own reference material.
- Submitted artwork will be considered for inclusion in our NAP based on the requirements for each category. Chosen portfolio artists will be required to agree to the terms of our Reproduction Agreement.
- Submissions may be provided digitally on CD/DVD. Please email us for more information.
- Submissions may be made by downloading and printing the submission form and mailing in your submissions.
- Photographic works are not eligible for inclusion in the National Art Portfolio.
- We accept submissions of images that have been produced in giclee form. In all cases, we will only assume copyright for the images in the format we reproduce.
Enter the National Art Portfolio 2018
Submit your artwork today for consideration in our National Art Portfolio.Submit your Artwork Now