Board of directors & executive staff
Responsibility for guiding and directing Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) operations lies with the dedicated members of the Board of Directors and Executive Staff. Directors hail from all across Canada and the United States. They are elected by the DUC voting members and are chosen to reflect a broad range of expertise through the DUC Nominating Committee.
The Board’s role
- Approve the values, mission, vision, broad long-term objectives, ethical considerations and governing policies of DUC.
- Hire, establish objectives, monitor the performance and provide for succession planning of the CEO.
- Provide support to staff, where appropriate, to achieve the objectives of DUC – particularly in fundraising and policy.
- Approve the budget and the risk management approach of DUC.
- Monitor the performance of DUC, management, committees and task forces in achieving DUC’s vision, mission and broad, long-term objectives.
- Recruit, orient, develop and motivate directors, officers, and senior provincial directors who are willing and capable of helping DUC achieve its objectives.
- Facilitate the operations of the Board through appropriate governance processes.
- Monitor management’s compliance with legislative and fiduciary requirements.
- Executive Committee
- Governance Committee
- Finance & Risk Committee
- Conservation Programs Committee
- Membership & Revenue Committee
- Personnel Policy Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Development Committee
- Audit Committee
Contact us for more information.
DUC believes good governance is achieved by demonstrating best practices, accountability and transparency in every decision and action, and by every individual in the organization. Along with other governance innovations, our Whistleblower Policy ensures that DUC continues to demonstrate due diligence in its operations. The Whistleblower Policy enables DUC stakeholders to communicate their concerns regarding questionable financial or operational matters.