2 Conservation Programs Specialists – Habitat Asset Management (HAM Upland) Program
- December 10, 2021
North Battleford and Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for confident, energetic and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Conservation Programs Specialist (CPS) for a fixed term position ending March 31, 2024.
As a member of the Saskatchewan Operations Team, you will primarily be responsible for managing habitat land by doing field inspections, organizing activities such as grazing, fencing and haying, monitoring DUC held conservation easements and assisting in other field work. You may also be responsible for the inspection, management and operations of engineered wetland projects.
Practical experience with land management and administration, conservation projects and programs, agriculture, and biology, would all be considered assets to this diverse and challenging opportunity.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and an effective communicator with the ability to build positive working relationships with various DUC staff, local government staff, landowners, industry, agricultural producers, volunteers and other conservation agencies.
You possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills. You have demonstrated expertise in program planning and implementation and contract management and tendering. You are self-motivated, enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects within tight deadlines.
Your minimum 2 -5 years’ experience in conservation program delivery, natural resource management techniques and waterfowl habitat requirements, will make you the ideal candidate for this position.
- A post-secondary degree or technologist diploma in a related discipline; equivalent practical field experience will also be considered
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills
- Knowledge of sustainable and integrated resource management
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Experience with GPS, ArcView, MS Office and satellite imagery interpretation
- Awareness of SK Occupational Health and Safety practices
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work long/flexible hours in summer, with travel
- Experience managing contracts and contractors, supervising construction, strong administrative and budgeting skills
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- An understanding of what Ducks Unlimited Canada is and what we do; and an understanding of local agricultural, industry and conservation practices would be considered an asset
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration
Closing Deadline: December 10, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations, landowners and Indigenous Peoples to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.