- October 18, 2021
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Who We Are
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the nation’s leading conservation organizations, is a passionate community of people who believe that nature is the foundation of strong communities, a prosperous economy and a sustainable future that supports the hopes and dreams of the next generation. Together, we conserve and restore some of the most valuable and threatened landscapes on the planet.
What You Will Do
As a member of the provincial management team, you will provide accounting support for the daily operation of a multidisciplinary group of staff, as well as participate in the development of provincial strategic and operating plans.
In this position, you will be responsible for annual budgeting, quarterly forecasts and analysis of actuals to budget, and year-end requirements. You will prepare, analyze and monitor revenue and expenditures, projects and complex funding arrangements for the province. You will also oversee administrative functions and provide human resource support.
Who You Are
You are a detail-oriented individual who sets and achieves high standards of performance by accurately managing the accounting function and demonstrates expertise in preparing quarter-end and year-end financial statements for internal and external financial reporting.
Your innovation, keen attention to detail and strong financial knowledge allows you to evaluate programs and projects for efficiency and effectiveness, assess corporate business decisions and participate in the planning, development and delivery of business goals and objectives. Your integrity, emotional intelligence and ability to see the big picture will make you a great asset to our team.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5-7 years of directly related accounting experience.
- A diploma or degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field will be considered a strong asset.
- Strong business acumen and previous experience preparing budgets and financial reports, balancing, projecting, analyzing, monitoring and auditing.
- Previous staff management experience with a proven ability to motivate, develop, mentor and empower employees and peers.
- Proven track record of decisive leadership and strategic planning with an ability to work cross-functionally and foster key business relationships.
- Sound judgment with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, track, analyze and report on projects and programs with complex funding arrangements is an asset.
- Organized, detail-oriented with a capacity to handle a high-volume workload and meet deadlines
- Previous ERP system experience and familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a definite asset.
- Having a passion for conservation, the environment or the outdoors would be a definite asset; experience in the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be an asset.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: October 18, 2021 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.