Administrative Assistant – Fredericton, NB (10-month term)
- February 28, 2020
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a smart and dynamic Administrative Assistant to join our team.
In this position, you will be responsible for performing a full range of administrative and financial tasks, including, but not limited to:
- processing invoices, PO’s and journal entries
- preparing bank deposits
- ordering and maintaining office equipment and supplies
- handling incoming calls and greeting visitors
- assisting with Education program registration and reporting back to funders
- assisting the HR Liaison with administrative tasks
- collaborating with fundraising and outreach team in organizing volunteer appreciation events
- promoting boardroom and classroom rentals
- ensuring that the building is well maintained and safety compliant
- booking meetings/travel
- data entry, scanning & filing
You are a self-motivated individual with a positive, “can do” attitude, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a reliable team player with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
You exercise strong initiative and sound judgment in handling routine and confidential materials. You are an energetic collaborator who believes in delivering the best customer service possible and you must be able to cultivate solid relationships with many people.
If you’re looking for that perfect opportunity to apply your skills in a challenging and rewarding environment, DUC might be the place for you!
- 3 years working in an office environment with an understanding of basic financial accounting practices.
- Certificate/diploma in office administration, business administration or related field is considered an asset
- Excellent internal/external customer service with strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid administration skills; experience in basic accounts payable and receivable.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional data entry skills
- Adaptable to change and capable of prioritizing in a fast-paced environment with excellent problem-solving skills
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Dynamics 365 would be an asset.
- Having a passion for conservation, the environment or the outdoors would be a definite asset; experience in the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would also be an asset.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: February 28, 2020 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.