Best Management Practice Student Intern (National Boreal Program)
- July 20, 2022
Edmonton, Alberta (This position may be in part or entirely remote)
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
This is an 8-month term position.
Who We Are
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the nation’s leading conservation organizations, is a passionate community of people who believe that nature is the foundation of strong communities, a prosperous economy and a sustainable future that supports the hopes and dreams of the next generation. Together, we conserve and restore some of the most valuable and threatened landscapes on the planet.
What You Will Do
In this position, you will provide support to the Boreal Conservation Programs team to deliver on projects that contribute to wetland conservation and stewardship and build relationships with internal DUC staff as well as external stakeholders.
As a BMP student intern, you will contribute to a range of program activities. Your strong information gathering, and written communication skills will assist you in synthesizing literature in a concise manner to internal staff and external partners and contacts. You will also play a key role in delivering on several knowledge exchange activities including developing a monthly newsletter and managing our social media accounts.
As a member of the DUC team, you will have the opportunity to gain and improve on a range of valuable skills and experiences such as assisting in the delivery of wetland-based trainings, participating in workshops and meetings with external partners from Industry, Government and other stakeholders’ groups, and learning from experienced DUC staff.
- Successful completion of at least two years of study in an environmental field (e.g., biology, forestry)
- Interest in wetland and waterfowl conservation
- Knowledge of wetland and waterfowl conservation issues and industry activities in Canada’s boreal forest
- Fluent in English
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Strong information gathering skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage time effectively to maximize productivity
- Ability to work remotely
- Positive and professional behavior
- Ability to travel occasionally
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration. Interviews will be conducted remotely over MS Teams on a rolling basis.
Closing deadline: July 20, 2022 (11:59 PM EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners and Indigenous Peoples to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
Learn more at ducks.ca and boreal.ducks.ca
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.