Civil Engineering Technologist
Hybrid/Remote within Canada
Please submit your application directly through GoldBeck Recruiting Inc.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is looking for a motivated Civil Engineering Technologist to join our team!
- Lead water control structure construction supervision.
- Support planning, design, and cost estimation.
- Embrace the mix of office and fieldwork.
- Travel to remote sites for construction and inspections.
- Maintain small dams and water control structures.
- Utilize your independent construction expertise.
- Collaborate as a team player and innovative problem solver.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Practical experience with water control, conservation, ATV, tool use, agriculture, biology, and trailer experience
- At least three years of experience and technical prowess.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or related.
- Preferred knowledge of WorkSafe BC, BC OHS Regulation, BC Dam Safety Regulation, and Water Sustainability Act.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D and AutoCAD preferred.
- Ability to comprehend engineering plans and specifications.
- Experience in construction supervision, inspection, or management.
- Practical expertise in heavy equipment construction, drainage infrastructure, and earthworks (including dams and embankments), with a strong focus on construction site safety.
- Previous involvement in pre-construction planning, tendering, contract management, and cost estimation.
- Flexibility to work unconventional hours for fieldwork/construction and willingness to travel long distances on highways and logging roads. Comfortable with extended periods (up to two weeks) of fieldwork away from home during construction.
- Knowledge of topographic survey techniques is advantageous.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Valid BC class 5 driver’s license
Interested candidates should apply directly through Goldbeck Recruiting Inc with their resume and cover letter here. If you require more information for this position, please feel free to call their Toll Free number at 1-877-684-1428 and ask for Reiniell “Niell” Gan.