- November 1, 2019
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Communications Specialist (3 days/week)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a creative communications professional with a diversified skill who is passionate about conservation. For over 80 years, DUC staff and supporters have worked tirelessly to conserve wetlands, water and wildlife. The country needs to hear our story. Conservation has never been more important to our environment, our economy and our future.
The successful candidate is proficient in a range of communications platforms and technical skill sets.
Your enthusiasm will be contagious, and you strive to be creative. Your skills will support staff in reaching out to the public, our partners and the province in various forms of print and digital media.
Our communications specialist has a healthy understanding of how the world works and appreciates the nuances of not-for-profit conservation work. An affinity for the outdoors, and the lifestyles associated with it, will allow you to better understand DUC’s culture. Meeting deadlines is key. Strong project management and the ability to work creatively with colleagues is essential.
An appropriate education is important, but we recognize it can come from a variety of disciplines. You may have a degree or diploma in communications, marketing, journalism or science. Whatever your academic journey, it has led you to this opportunity with DUC.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Ability to develop a variety of communications materials for various mediums (i.e. brochures, fact sheets, magazine articles, media releases).
- Experience with external communications and media relations including event coordination.
- Knowledge of social media and the ability to post engaging content.
- Ability to use programs to create engaging graphics and video for social media.
- Previous experience working for a conservation organization would be considered an asset.
This position will be based from our dog-friendly office in Regina, SK.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Closing deadline: November 1, 2019 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.