Conservation Land Negotiator
- July 30, 2021
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Are you an enthusiastic, persuasive person who is passionate about the conservation of natural environments? This three- year fixed term position is for you.
As a person responsible for negotiating with landowners for the purchase of land, you will be asked to:
- Conduct field visits to validate the eligibility of landholdings (no contaminated sites or prohibited material depots, etc.)
- Make presentations to target groups at consultations and public events as a representative of the organization
- Connect with landowners and rpresentatives of the agricultural, forestry and municipal communities to help integrate wetland conservation issues into land planning
- Have real negotiating experience (essential)
- Knowledge of conservation issues in the private sector
- Knowledge of procedures related to the acquisition of land
- Knowledge of the Land Registry Knowledge of geomatics tools
- Excellent sense of organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in any of the abovementioned opportunities, please visit our online career center, click on the specific position title and location you’d like to apply and submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: July 30, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.