Conservation Programs Specialist – Land Securement
- June 12, 2021
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration. Please ensure you select the appropriate position title on the career center page.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated professional to join our team in Ontario
As a Conservation Programs Specialist, you will be responsible for the planning, development, negotiation, implementation and management of land securement and habitat programs which benefit waterfowl and other wildlife.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and passionate about the outdoors – a self-starter who can work with anyone, and capable of working alone in rural settings under minimal supervision.
Your confidence and your communication and negotiation skills enable you to deal effectively with various partners and stakeholders, including the general public, government, agribusiness and the conservation communities. You will be responsible for negotiating land donations and land purchases, dealing with lawyers, real estate agents and the associated administrative work.
You are independent, resourceful and possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
You are a persuasive, goal-oriented individual. Your personal and professional experience and directly related knowledge make you the ideal candidate for this position.
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in wildlife management, biology, ecology or related discipline;
- Familiarity and networks with the non-profit and/or environmental conservation sectors would be considered an asset.
- Some previous experience with conservation land stewardship, donations, and acquisitions is preferred.
- Knowledge of waterfowl and other animal and plant biology
- Experience in planning and project management is essential.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer and analytical skills – ArcMap an asset
- Previous sales or cold-calling experience would be an asset
- Experience with various outdoor equipment including GPS, ATV’s, Boats etc.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration. Please ensure you select the appropriate position title on the career center page.
Closing Deadline: June 12, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.