Conservation Programs Specialist – Surveyor Technologist
- July 25, 2021
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is looking for confident, energetic and dedicated professional to join our team in Camrose, AB to serve as our Central and Northern Alberta survey technologist.
As a member of the Alberta Technical Services team, you will be responsible for conducting topographic field surveys (RTK units), preparing, analyzing, managing, and displaying data using AutoCAD and GIS – activities that appeal to you because you love a balance of field work and office work.
You are a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a team player with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills who works effectively in an independent setting.
You have demonstrated experience in land survey, data processing, and data management. You possess strong leadership skills and enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
Your minimum one to three years of experience in surveying make you an ideal candidate for this position. Practical experience with water control structures, conservation projects, agriculture and/or biology, would all be considered assets for this opportunity.
- Post-secondary diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology
- Experience in project management would be an asset
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize workload
- Excellent problem-solving skills and adaptable to change
- Experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, GPS (RTK) surveying and ArcMAP
- Ability to communicate both written and oral in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently and also in a team setting while keeping others informed of your progress
- Awareness of AB Occupational Health and Safety practices
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as required
- One position available, 36-month term position.
- Based in Camrose.
- Annual salary will fall between $50,000 to $58,000.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in any of the abovementioned opportunities, please visit our online career center, click on Survey Technologist – Camrose, AB and submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: July 25, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.