Conservation Technicians 8 Summer Positions
- March 10, 2021
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations is seeking eight Conservation Technicians to assist with the development and management of wetland habitats in various locations in BC. These positions will be located at Williams Lake (2), Dawson Creek or Fort St. John (2), Surrey (4).
These positions will provide excellent opportunity to learn about and work in the fields of Conservation & Resource Management while developing useful skills applicable to these and other job fields.
Field equipment will be provided by DUC and candidates will be trained in safe use of all necessary equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Field Operation and Management of Wetland Conservation Projects
- Operation & maintenance of water control infrastructure at DUC wetland projects
- Vegetation management and invasive species removal
- Assist with ongoing habitat restoration projects
Wetland Restoration Biological Field Work
- Assist with waterfowl breeding and brood surveys on existing DUC wetland projects
- Assist with amphibian salvages prior to wetland construction activities
- Assist with wetland classification surveys
Administration of Wetland Conservation Projects
- Assisting with photographic databases, cataloging images, entry or retrieval of computer data
- Recording field data and entering data in digital database
- Interest in agriculture, biology, ecology, environmental science or resource management preferred
- Valid driver’s license (in good standing) and a current driver’s abstract
- Interest in basic biology, local species and ecosystems; GPS-based technologies and survey techniques
- Operation of field equipment (provided by DUC) including: 4WD pickup trucks, tools (brush cutters, chain saws, etc.), chest waders, binoculars and cameras as required.
- These positions involve physical work, heavy lifting and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Anticipated start date May 3, 2021; anticipated end date August 31, 2021
- Pay: $18 per hour, 35-hour work weeks (plus 4% vacation pay)
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: March 10, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.