Conservation Technicians, Winnipeg
- January 31, 2019
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada’s Native Plant Solutions (NPS) is the most experienced company in Canada in naturalized stormwater system design, construction, and management. We are seeking highly energetic and motivated individuals to fill the role of Summer Conservation Technician in Winnipeg from May to August 2019 (potential for longer work term for certain positions).
Duties May Include
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance of NPS’ wetland and upland projects within and around Winnipeg, which may include seeding, chemical and mechanical weed control, installation of erosion control products, wetland hand-planting, vegetation monitoring and other tasks as required.
- Travel within Manitoba and to other provinces may be required for some staff, travel expenses covered.
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following specialties: plant and/or wetland ecology, agriculture/farming, greenspace management, plant science, environmental science, engineering or landscaping.
- Ability to perform rigorous physical fieldwork under a variety of weather conditions, lift 50lbs, and crouch, bend, stretch, or stand for extended periods of time.
- Experience in plant identification, weed management, herbicide handling and application, soil erosion management, performing transect surveys, or establishment of annual and perennial crops is considered an asset.
- Willing and able to work flexible fulltime hours with little notice (including overtime, early mornings, evenings or weekends).
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm for the outdoors and environmental conservation.
- Practical field skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently or within a dynamic team environment.
- Experience operating farm and/or field equipment (tractors, seeders, ATVs, trailers, sprayers) is considered an asset.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license in good standing and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The wage for these summer positions is $15.00/hour, based on a 35-hour work-week.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration. Your application should include: cover letter (including date of availability for work), resumé, three work-related references, and academic web transcript (if a current or graduated student).
Deadline for applications is January 31, 2019.
While Native Plant Solutions would like to thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Native Plant Solutions is a consulting branch of Ducks Unlimited Canada and draws on over 80 years of wetland and native grassland knowledge, research and restoration experience. We use sound science to restore and create sustainable landscapes. See www.nativeplantsolutions.ca for more info.