Engineering Technologist (24-month term)
- June 15, 2021
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, capable, energetic and dedicated engineering professional to join our team in Ontario.
Reporting to the Head of Conservation Programs, this position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of new and existing Ducks Unlimited wetland projects across the province and supporting other conservation program activities.
As a team member, you will be responsible for:
Project Management Leadership
- Material procurement
- Contract management
- Construction Supervision
- Habitat Asset Management
- Cost control
- Invoicing and reporting
Project Design Support
- Survey of new and existing wetlands
- Hydrological and hydraulic design
- Cost Estimating
- supporting other business lines including Conservation Solutions, fundraising and communications and marketing
You are an enthusiastic team player and self-starter, capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoy thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who builds positive working relationships.
- Expected term of employment is 24 months.
- 35 hours per week; work hours include some evenings and weekends.
- Travel throughout Ontario is necessary for this position and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Completion of a civil engineering technology diploma with experience (preferred) or a recent graduate of a civil engineering degree
- Experience with construction supervision involving heavy equipment
- Experience with hydrology, hydraulics and geotechnical engineering design would be considered an asset.
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and AutoCAD would be considered an asset
- Awareness of Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Understanding and experience with environmental regulations and best management practices
- A valid G driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours, in inclement weather outdoors and travel as required
- Experience with Civil3D, and GPS surveying is an asset
- An understanding of wetlands, agricultural and forestry practices are an asset
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resumé for confidential consideration through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: June 15, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.