Engineering Technologist (3-year term position)
- July 28, 2021
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated individual to join our team as a Engineering Technologist.
As a member of the Saskatchewan Operations Team, you will primarily be responsible for the inspection, management, design and construction of wetland conservation projects in Saskatchewan – activities that appeal to you because you love working outdoors.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player and an effective communicator with the ability to build positive working relationships with various DUC staff, local government staff, landowners, industry, agricultural producers, volunteers and other conservation agencies.
You possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills. You have demonstrated expertise in program planning and implementation and contract management and tendering. You are self-motivated, enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects within tight deadlines.
Your minimum 2-5 years’ experience and knowledge of engineering design, construction supervision, contract management, surveying and water management make you the ideal candidate for this position, which is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- A diploma in engineering technology is required; a diploma or degree in wildlife management, renewable resources, or a related field would be an asset.
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills.
- Knowledge of engineering design, hydrology and construction supervision involving heavy equipment.
- Experience with MS Office, AutoCAD and air photo interpretation.
- Experience with RTK GPS surveying and ArcMap is a definite asset.
- An understanding of local agricultural, industry and conservation practices would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work long/flexible hours outdoors in inclement weather, and travel as required.
- Awareness of provincial Occupational Health and Safety practices; knowledge of the provincial Water Acts, Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process would be considered an asset.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience with operating ATVs.
- Previous experience working on a farm would be definite asset.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in any of the abovementioned opportunities, please visit our online career center, click on Engineering Technologist – Saskatoon, SK and submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: July 28, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.