Engineering Technologist – Habitat Asset Management (HAM)
- June 18, 2021
Please visit our online career center, click on the specific position title and location you’d like to apply and submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), Canada’s leader in wetland conservation, is looking for two confident, energetic and dedicated Engineering Technologists to join our team in Manitoba.
As a member of the Manitoba Habitat Asset Management Team, you will be responsible for inspecting, surveying, designing, and supervising construction of water control structures – activities that appeal to you because you love a balance of office work and field work.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work with anyone, is capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoys thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who is able to build positive working relationships.
You possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. You have demonstrated expertise in project planning and execution, financial and contract management, and tendering and contractor supervision. You are self-motivated, enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
Your minimum three years of experience, related knowledge and academic achievements in the engineering field make you the ideal candidate for this position. Practical experience with water control structures, conservation projects, agriculture and/or biology, would all be considered assets to this very diverse and challenging opportunity.
- Two full time positions available
- Based in Brandon, Manitoba.
- A civil engineering technology diploma
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills
- Experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, ArcMap and GPS surveying, SWMM and HEC programs is a definite asset
- Knowledge of engineering design, hydrology and construction involving heavy equipment
- Awareness of MB Occupational Health and Safety practices
- Knowledge of the MB Water Act, Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process would be considered an asset
- Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- An understanding of local agricultural, industry and conservation practices would be considered an asset
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours, and travel as required
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in any of the abovementioned opportunities, please visit our online career center, click on the specific position title and location you’d like to apply and submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: June 18, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.