Engineering Technologist – Northern Alberta (3-year term)
- December 13, 2019
Edmonton or Camrose, AB
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for one confident, energetic and dedicated Engineering Technologist to join our team in Alberta.
As a member of the Alberta Technical Services team, you will be responsible for inspecting, surveying, and drafting of water control structures – activities that appeal to you because you love working outdoors.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work with anyone, is capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoys thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who is able to build positive working relationships.
You possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. You have demonstrated expertise in project planning and execution, financial and contract management, and tendering and contractor supervision. You are self-motivated, enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
Your minimum five years of experience, related knowledge and academic achievements in the engineering field make you the ideal candidate for this position. Practical experience with water control structures, conservation projects, agriculture and/or biology, would all be considered assets to this very diverse and challenging opportunity.
- A civil engineering technology diploma or equivalent
- Strong surveying and drafting experience
- Experience with MS Office and ArcMap are an asset
- Knowledge of engineering design, hydrology and construction involving heavy equipment
- Awareness of AB Occupational Health and Safety practices
- Knowledge of the AB Water Act, Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process would be considered an asset
- Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours, and travel as required
- One three-year term position available.
- Based in either Camrose or Edmonton areas.
- Annual salary will fall between $52,000 to $70,000.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Closing deadline: December 13, 2019
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.