Field Crew Coordinator
- March 10, 2021
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Are you excited about wildlife habitat conservation, but prefer to stay clean and dry? If so, this is the position for you! Field crew coordinator is an office job: you will coordinate and support various aspects of seven field crews delivering conservation work across BC. This is an opportunity to put your excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to work in service of waterfowl, salmon, and wetland habitats of BC while building your resume for a career in project management or program administration. You will report directly to Ducks Unlimited Canada’s BC Manager of Provincial Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support planning and scheduling of field programs with reference to tides where relevant
- Record field data and enter data in digital database
- Draft written reports on field activities for funders
- Provide GIS data to field crews as needed
- Act as safety check in / check out point person for all field crews
- Ensure field crews complete all necessary field level safety documentation
- Book crew members into safety and other training courses as needed
- Post photos and updates on field activities to social media platforms
- Complete monthly timesheets for crew members
- Assist with photographic databases, cataloging images, entry or retrieval of computer data
- Assist with other administrative tasks as time allows
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Above average proficiency in Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Strong administration and report writing skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize workload
- Awareness of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Interest in fish and wildlife habitat conservation
- Able to work from home with reliable internet connection
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC procedures and guidelines
- Comfortable using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience with ArcGIS an asset
- Anticipated start date April 5, 2021; anticipated end date December 15, 2021
- Pay: $25/hour; 35-hour work weeks (plus 4% vacation pay)
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: March 10, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.