Finance and Administrative Specialist
- December 10, 2021
Surrey, Kamloops or Williams Lake, BC
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Who We Are
Ducks Unlimited Canada’s BC Conservation program boasts 578 wetland conservation projects across the province, representing 180,000 ha of wetland and upland habitats. We partner with all levels of government, First Nations, other Non-governmental organizations, academics, industry and more to conserve and restore BC’s wetlands for waterfowl, other wildlife and people.
What You Will Do
You will perform a wide variety of accounting duties, requiring initiative, organization, and attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze revenue and expenditures, monitor projects and funding arrangements, analyze projects for efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist BC Conservation project managers with financial and administration details associated with projects and mentor staff on financial and administrative processes
- Assist in all aspects of the BC Annual Financial Plan, including quarterly projections and reporting with variance explanations
- Work with provincial, regional, and national finance teams to ensure integration with corporate processes and systems.
- Oversee administration to ensure effective and efficient implementation of general office procedures and operation
Who You Are
As support to the BC Conservation team, you will provide leadership for all financial processes in the department, play a key role in budget development, implementation, and analysis, and provides support in the delivery of business objectives. Your strong time management skills will enable you to keep our financial reporting on track. Your excellent interpersonal skills will enable you to communicate effectively with your conservation minded colleagues to ensure all financial requirements are well understood.
What You Will Bring
- Educational equivalent to completion of college diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or related field
- Strong business acumen and 3 – 10 years of experience preparing budgets and financial reports, analyzing and monitoring expenditures
- Proven ability to motivate, develop, mentor and empower employees and peers
- Proven track record of an ability to work cross-functionally and foster key business relationships
- Sound judgment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented with a capacity to handle a high-volume workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to track, analyze and report on projects and programs with complex funding arrangements is an asset
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office products including Dynamics 365 is an asset
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: December 10, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners and Indigenous Peoples to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.