- July 15, 2019
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Surrey, British Columbia
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is seeking a confident, energetic and innovative GIS Specialist to join our team and help advance our GIS program.
As a member of both our BC habitat conservation team and our Boreal geospatial team, you will split your time providing GIS technical expertise including data collection and management, analytic and cartographic products, and collaborate with internal and external team members to provide GIS products to support both BC and Boreal programs.
You will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining, designing, and implementing GIS projects and products
- Participating in project teams providing GIS support, spatial analyses, and expertise
- Developing, acquiring, managing, analyzing, and integrating geospatial data
- Performing statistical analyses, uses decision support tools, and work with 3-D and spatial modeling tools to support DUC’s science/conservation planning objectives
- Developing applications in collaboration with other GIS/IT professionals
- Participating in the development of GIS-based partnerships that support DUC’s mission.
- Maintaining hardware and software for GIS and IT systems and devices
- Conduct site visits to potential acquisitions or site projects to collect GPS/spatial information
If you’re looking for that perfect opportunity to apply your GIS skills in a challenging and rewarding environment, DUC might be the place for you!
- Technical diploma in GIS and/or university degree in geography, natural resources or related discipline, or related experience
- Solid understanding and strong working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS suite (Desktop, Pro, ArcGIS Online and mobile apps)
- Strong data management skills
- Proven knowledge of geographic and cartographic principles and excellent cartographic skills in developing various communication delivery products
- Understanding of GIS modeling approaches, wetland mapping principles, and air photo interpretation experience
- Landscape Ecology background or prior experience with wetland ecosystems are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to listen and translate user needs into GIS products and procedures
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong time management skills: ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities, and meet rigid deadlines
- Keen interest in GIS and related industry advancements
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required
Tuesday September 3, 2019 is the preferred start date for this position, which will be based from our office in Surrey, BC.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: July 15, 2019 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.