How our work impacts conservation across Canada.
Where we’re working on the ground from coast to coast.
We need your help to protect our water, wildlife, and wetlands. Here’s how you can make an impact.
Head of Industry & Government Relations
- April 7, 2023
Flexible Location within Manitoba
Please visit our online career center to submit your application.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in wetland conservation, is seeking an experienced government relations professional to join our Manitoba Operations team. This position has the opportunity to have a flexible location within Manitoba.
Focusing primarily on the agricultural zone of Manitoba, you will lead DUC’s government relations and public-policy-based industry relations activities. You will also be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and adapting provincial government relations strategies
- Supporting federal and municipal government outreach efforts in Manitoba
- Identifying, analyzing and influencing existing and proposed provincial government policies, legislation, regulations and programs related to wetland conservation, protection and mitigation
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the political climate, public policy and relevant issues related to wetland conservation in Manitoba’s agricultural zone, including climate change impacts, natural infrastructure, migratory bird management and biodiversity loss
- Building and developing positive working relationships with a diverse array of elected officials, civil servants and civil society partners from across Manitoba.
You are an enthusiastic team player with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a strong knowledge of the legislative, regulatory and public policy development processes. You bring strong emotional intelligence to your work and can work cross-functionally and independently. You have a passion for conservation, a solid understanding of the importance of conserving wetlands and enjoy thinking outside the box.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in public administration, natural resource management, agricultural sciences, environmental science/policy, political science, or related fields.
- Well-developed understanding of legislative and public policy development processes
- Strong planning, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills.
- Experience with media and communicating science would be an asset.
- Proven advocacy and policy analysis acumen.
- Supervisory and budget management experience an asset.
- Strong computer skills and a valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience working on legislative and policy matters in government and/or in government advocacy would be considered an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of biodiversity conservation issues, natural resource management, and agriculture.
Salary Range: $79,100 – $98,800