Head of Wetland Services – Native Plant Solutions
Winnipeg, MB but special considerations may be given
If you are qualified and interested, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Native Plant Solutions (NPS), a branch of Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), is looking for a dedicated Head of Wetland Services to join our team in Winnipeg. This position will support DUC’s revenue generating consulting branch, NPS (www.nativeplantsolutions.ca) across Canada. The candidate will preferably be based in Winnipeg, MB but special consideration may be given to the right candidate to work from any DUC office across Canada.
What We Do
NPS provides environmental services and on-the-ground expertise in upland and wetland ecosystems to industry, land developers and government agencies. Working with a multi-faceted talented team of NPS professionals, you will oversee the development and implementation of wetland and green infrastructure projects and deliverables for NPS.
What We Are Looking For
The Head of Wetland Services is a senior position responsible for securing business, managing business operations related to projects, human resources, and client management. Building/maintaining business contacts and relations is key in this position, in addition to ensuring the quality of wetland-related project delivery we provide to clients.
You will lead business development and oversee our wetland team on projects associated with natural wetland systems and green infrastructure on contracts ranging from a few thousand dollars to over a million dollars. You will advise our clients and mentor our staff on decisions related to long-term environmental sustainability, environmental impacts/risks and benefits, and regulatory approvals.
You are a big picture thinker who can identify and successfully generate new project opportunities and financial revenue for NPS. You possess experience in project acquisition, project development, management and delivery in a consulting environment. You have exceptional accuracy and attention to detail and are fluent in both writing and reviewing reports, proposals and contracts, and in providing senior review/sign-off of reports for clients and regulators. Your experience in the interpretation and statistical analysis of data, along with your scientific knowledge and understanding of wetland ecology and wetland forms across Canada is a requisite.
This position requires you to be an effective communicator; able to build positive working relationships internally and externally. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and enjoyment working in a complex and dynamic working environment is essential.
- Post-secondary education in wetland related scientific field:
- a proven ability to design and conduct scientific investigations and publish findings;
- an M.Sc., or Ph.D. is required;
- Minimum 5 years professional experience:
- Demonstrated experience in wetland sciences, assessments and monitoring;
- Demonstrated experience in the design/delivery of wetland-associated green infrastructure projects (e.g., treatment wetlands, BMPs, naturalized stormwater practices, );
- Demonstrated experience in field-based wetland projects, surveys and research;
- Recognition in a professional association (e.g., P.Biol., P.Ag., P.Eng. or equivalent) will be required;
- Minimum 5 years in a consulting environment with:
- Demonstrated expertise in writing proposals and contracts;
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management, human resource and budget planning;
- Proven ability to foster professional/business relationships;
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and regulations, including wetland policies and directives across Canada;
- Established relationships with regulators is considered an asset;
- Ability to travel out of town and province to meet with clients as well as oversee the delivery and completion of wetland related field activities;
- Demonstrated success in both mentoring and managing a highly skilled team of professionals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.