How our work impacts conservation across Canada.
Where we’re working on the ground from coast to coast.
We need your help to protect our water, wildlife, and wetlands. Here’s how you can make an impact.
- June 14, 2023
Hybrid/Remote within Canada – Preference to be located in Edmonton
Visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
What You Will Do
You will manage all incoming requests for legal, effectively creating processes to manage information flow and timely follow up. You will coordinate with other business lines to ensure all the information needed is available, as well as drafting legal documents and conducting research to ensure accuracy of information.
You will ensure that information is coordinated and presented in an engaging, easy to understand format and be able to put together dashboards with charts to showcase work.
This position will help the General Counsel and Manager, Risk and Compliance in putting together and formatting plans and strategies across the organization.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist both lawyers with day-to-day administrative tasks and managing their calendars
- Be the first point of contact on receiving all contract review and legal advice requests
- Follow up to get additional information as needed on legal requests
- Get trained on and set up the initial contracts management database to improve workflow, deadline tracking and turnaround time
- Work with legal, risk and compliance to draft template documents
- Assist General Counsel with dashboard reporting and data compilation
- Provide formatting assistance on documentation
- Coordinating and responding to information requests from across departments and gathering information to populate the contracts management database and contracts themselves
- Assist the Manager, Risk & Compliance with submitting requests for certificates of insurance and follow up on insurance related questions in collaboration with insurer
- Maintain diarization systems and document tracking systems
- Take meeting minutes, recording action items and following up to ensure completion
- Conduct legal research and preparing memos under the supervision of lawyers
- Research and prepare legal documents, conducting legal research, and organize and maintain legal files
- At least 5 years of experience and an undergraduate degree in a related field is preferred – will consider a combination of skills and experience
- Experience with managing privileged, confidential and sensitive information and scenarios.
- Experience in legal document drafting, research and complex policy work.
- Experience in reading insurance documentation and understand risk concepts.
- Significant analytical experience and attention to detail; ability to analyze complex data and information.
- Strong research, analysis, professional writing and time management skills.
- Strong business acumen with excellent written and verbal business communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Reliable, easy to get along with and have a good sense of humour.
- Ability to function well under stress and tight or competing deadlines.
- Passionate about ensuring processes are created to ensure information flow is efficient and effective.
- Formal training in areas of risk management, governance and project management are considered assets
- Experience with insurance policies is an asset.
- Being bilingual in French is an asset
What We Offer
- 3 weeks’ vacation with paid personal and sick days
- Comprehensive compensation & benefits package
- Hybrid work arrangement
Salary for this position will commensurate with each individual’s education and/or experience as it relates to the position.
Position Details: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: $65, 100 – $81,400. Salary is based on a 35-hour work week.