Manager Volunteer and Corporate Fundraising (1 part-time position)
- June 15, 2021
Vancouver Island, BC
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the country’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a dynamic and outgoing individual who will join our Fundraising Team as Manager of Volunteer and Corporate Fundraising.
In this position, you will:
- Identify and develop sales opportunities by collaboratively working with individuals and corporations to achieve success.
- Build strong and positive relationships with volunteers while working with them to plan creative annual fundraising events.
You are innovative, adaptive, charismatic and enjoy a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You recognize the talents and skill sets of others and are adept in motivating people to achieve their potential.
You are an enthusiastic team player who fosters a culture of collaboration and creativity that comes from thinking big and working together.
Your strong leadership skills and ability to engage a wide variety of individuals will be valuable in strengthening our volunteer network.
As a goal-oriented and self-motivated individual with a knack for influencing and guiding people, your emotional intelligence and ability to see the big picture will make you a great asset to our team.
This part-time position will have the flexibility to be based on home office within Vancouver Island.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing and volunteer management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be comfortable with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), peer-to-peer platforms and MS Office 365 programs
- Must be comfortable using video conference tools to manage relationships with volunteers and staff across Canada
- Ability to foster key relationships, proven success in building teams and demonstrated effectiveness in developing skills of others.
- Proven ability to recruit, retain and mentor people.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends and travel extensively throughout the territory.
- Previous volunteer work and fundraising experience with volunteer committees is required; current or previous volunteer experience with DUC would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working for a conservation or environmental organization would be considered an asset.
- Must have a reliable internet and telephone service
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: June 15, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.