Manager Volunteer Fundraising – South Western BC
- February 28, 2020
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the country’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a dynamic, outgoing individual to build strong and positive relationships with volunteers while working with them to plan creative annual fundraising events.
You are innovative, adaptive, charismatic and enjoy a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You recognize the talents and skill sets of others, and are adept in motivating people to achieve their potential.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player. DUC’s unique cultures fosters collaboration and promotes the creativity that comes from thinking big and working together.
Your strong leadership skills and ability to engage a wide variety of individuals will strengthen our volunteer network.
As a goal-oriented, self-motivated individual with a knack for influencing and guiding people, your emotional intelligence and ability to see the big picture will make you a great asset to our team.
This full-time position will have the flexibility to be based from our dog-friendly office in Surrey, BC or from a home-based office.
- Experience in working with volunteers and volunteer management.
- Ability to foster key relationships, proven success in building teams and demonstrated effectiveness in developing skills of others.
- Proven ability to recruit, retain and mentor people.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends and travel extensively throughout the territory.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous volunteer work and fundraising experience with volunteer committees is required; current or previous volunteer experience with DUC would definitely be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working for a conservation or environmental organization would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: February 28, 2020 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.