Native Plant Solutions – Conservation Technicians
- January 28, 2022
Please visit online career center to submit your application online for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada’s Native Plant Solutions (NPS) is the most experienced company in Canada in the design, construction, and management of wetland and upland ecosystems. We are seeking highly energetic and motivated individuals to fill the role of Conservation Technician in our Winnipeg office from May to August 2022 (some positions to be extended into the fall).
- Day-to-day maintenance of NPS’ wetland and upland projects: includes seeding, chemical and mechanical weed control, installation of erosion control products, upland/wetland hand-planting, site cleanup, goose fence installation/removal, seed harvesting and processing, vegetation monitoring and assessments, and other tasks as required.
- Will be required to perform physically demanding, and at times repetitive, fieldwork under a variety of weather conditions, lift 50lbs, and crouch, bend, or stand for extended periods of time.
- Take, and pass, pesticide applicators license exam (time and exam cost will be reimbursed upon successful completion).
- Basic familiarity with the operation of hand tools, generators, pumps, string trimmers, etc.
- Experience operating farm and/or field equipment (tractors, seeders, ATVs, trailers, sprayers) is considered an asset.
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following disciplines: agriculture/farming, greenspace management, environmental science, landscaping, or terrestrial/wetland ecology.
- Experience in one or more of the following: plant identification, weed management, herbicide handling and application, soil erosion management.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm for the outdoors and environmental conservation.
- Practical field skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently or within a dynamic team environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license in good standing and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Able to work flexible hours on short notice (including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overtime).
- Some positions will extend into the fall of 2022, please be prepared to provide your availability.
- Preference may be given, but is not limited to, students between ages 17-30 based on available funding where the successful candidate must be a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Travel within Manitoba and to other provinces may be required for some staff. Travel expenses will be covered.
The hourly wage is $15-$20 per hour, varying based on qualifications and experience, and is based on a 35-hour work week.
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit online career center to submit your application online for confidential consideration. Your application should include cover letter (including date of availability for work), resumé and three work-related references.
Deadline for applications is January 28, 2022.
While Native Plant Solutions would like to thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.