Nature Interpreter – Fredericton
- March 22, 2019
Please visit our online career center to submit your
application for confidential consideration.
Summer Employment Opportunity (2 positions available – pending funding)
Working as part of a team, the Nature Interpreter will deliver Ducks Unlimited Canada wetland education programs and field trips to elementary students.
Reporting to the Education Specialist, responsibilities may include:
• traveling to various wetland sites in New Brunswick to deliver outdoor field trips
• booking and facilitating various wetland education activities and events
• compiling feedback from education programs
The position will be located at the Fredericton DUC Conservation Centre and include travel to wetland sites in NB.
• Expected term of employment is a minimum of 8 weeks (length dependent on funding), beginning April 29, 2019.
• Salary is $14.00/hr based on 35 hours per week
• This position involves travelling in NB.
• Some evening and weekend work may be required.
• You will work as a team with another education staff.
• Be fluently bilingual (English and French)
• Be registered as a full-time post-secondary student and intending to return full-time in the fall
• Possess valid first aid and CPR training
• Be willing to complete a vulnerable sector check
• Be energetic and have experience working with youth and the public
• Possess excellent communication and organization skills
• Have enthusiasm for the outdoors, wildlife, and environmental conservation
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Be legally able to rent a vehicle in New Brunswick
• Knowledge of wildlife/wetland biology is an asset
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing date: Friday March 22, 2019 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.