Outreach Worker – Indigenous Engagement
- August 11, 2021
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident and dedicated Outreach Specialist to join our Atlantic Canada team.
In this position, you will help in delivering community outreach initiatives in support of the regional conservation program and its climate adaptation and resiliency goals.
As a team member, you will:
- Assist in developing and launching new outreach initiatives through collaborative partnerships with Indigenous communities and groups to support climate actions
- Support and deliver outreach initiatives involving communication and education delivery under the supervision by other team members
- Support the development of new innovative resources and respectfully incorporates various knowledge systems that provides awareness of climate change and promotes conservation actions within coastal and floodplain communities
- Facilitate partnership development through coordinating meetings and collaborations to identify unified messaging and delivery approaches.
- Facilitate the identification of key roles for each partnership representative with agreed upon set of engagement and communication principles
You are an enthusiastic team player and a self-starter, capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoy thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who builds positive working relationships.
- A combination of education, skills and experience will be considered for this position. Completion of a natural resources, biology, ecology, education or communications diploma is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of Indigenous culture and belief systems, with lived experience an asset
- Experience in knowledge gathering and sharing within an ethical space to support Indigenous-led conservation
- Ability to collaborate within Atlantic Indigenous communities.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Should you have questions about the position, please contact Jodie Hambrook at email@example.com using Outreach Worker as the email subject.
Closing deadline: August 11, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.