Planned Giving Manager – Western Canada
- February 1, 2022
position location is flexible to Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia
Please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the country’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a dynamic and outgoing individual who will join our National Development Team as Planned Giving Manager.
In this position, you will be responsible for the planned giving program in your assigned region, as well as shared responsibility for the national planned giving program of DUC in collaboration with other Planned Giving Managers, the National Manager of Stewardship, the Development Managers and the Chief Fundraising Officer as well as the volunteer fundraising team.
You will also be responsible for seeking opportunities, developing and implementing initiatives to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward Planned Giving prospects and Feather Society members to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support.
You are innovative, adaptive, charismatic and enjoy a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
You are an enthusiastic team player who fosters a culture of collaboration and creativity that comes from thinking big and working together.
Your strong leadership skills and ability to engage a wide variety of individuals will be valuable in strengthening our network.
As a goal-oriented and self-motivated individual with a knack for influencing and guiding people, your emotional intelligence and ability to see the big picture will make you a great asset to our team.
This full-time position will have the flexibility to be based at any of our provincial offices or at a home office in Saskatchewan, Alberta or British Columbia.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising with specialized knowledge of the planned giving process and gift vehicle
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), peer-to-peer platforms and MS Office 365 programs
- Ability to engage prospects in a meaningful way through a virtual environment (online presence, social media, telephone or video call, etc.) when travel is not possible
- Superior organizational skills to develop and execute campaigns and activities accurately, professionally and in a timely fashion to support program success
- Ability to foster key relationships, proven success in building and maintaining relationships and demonstrated effectiveness in developing skills of others
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends with some travel within the province/region, and the country
- Previous experience working for a conservation or environmental organization would be considered an asset
- Must have a reliable internet and telephone service
- The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
The successful candidate will also have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation, and the world of waterfowl.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: January 31, 2022 (11:59PM EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations, landowners and Indigenous Peoples to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.