- May 3, 2019
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Recruitment Specialist (1-year term position)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a Recruitment Specialist to join our team!
In this position, you will be responsible for recruitment outreach, attracting top talent for DUC and acting as an ambassador of DUC’s brand and values in all interactions.
You will work closely with managers in a consultative capacity, advising them on all aspects of the recruitment cycle, including:
- determining current and future staffing needs
- sourcing active and passive candidates
- preparing and advertising job postings
- coordinating assignments and assessments
- communicating with potential candidates and job seekers
- conducting exit and stay interviews
- tracking and reporting on recruitment metrics
- processing recruitment-related accounting transactions (POs, invoices and journal entries)
You will also be responsible for the distribution of staff and retiree communications and assist with various HR projects.
You are a confident, self-motivated individual with strong initiative and a positive, “can do” attitude. You are a reliable team player with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
You are an energetic collaborator who believes in delivering the best customer service. Relationships are important to you and you excel at cultivating them.
If you’re looking for that perfect opportunity to apply your recruiting skills in a challenging and rewarding environment, DUC might be the place for you!
- 3-5 years of recruiting and/or HR Generalist experience
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources (HR) or Business (majoring in HR); university degree would be an asset; Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) designation would also be an asset.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now; above average proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive & Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable employment standard laws and regulations, legislative issues and industry trends related to recruitment; other areas of human resources would be a strong asset.
- Excellent internal/external customer service with strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, adaptable to change and capable of prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgement, high level of integrity, able to keep confidential information secure.
- Current or previous volunteer experience with DUC would also be considered an asset
This one-year term position will be based from our dog-friendly office at Oak Hammock Marsh (near Stonewall, Manitoba), the national headquarters for Ducks Unlimited Canada.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: May 3, 2019 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered
for an interview will be contacted.