When you contribute to Canada’s premier collection of conservation-inspired artwork, you help DUC draw attention to the critical issues facing our wetlands, wildlife and water.
Before submitting, please review these important changes to the 2019 National Art Portfolio program.
New! Acceptance criteria for 2019
Canadian artists are inspiring exciting changes to the National Art Portfolio! Because we have received an especially diverse collection of outstanding artwork this year, we are no longer limiting selections to just two prints. Additional submissions for the 2019 National Art Portfolio are now welcome, and we’re giving you some more time.
New! Submission deadline for 2019
Submissions in all artwork categories for the 2019 National Art Portfolio are being accepted now through September 30, 2018.
New! More program changes heading into 2020
Please stay tuned for more exciting program announcements heading into next year that are sure to broaden the way we work together in support of wetland conservation. Thank you for your patience as Ducks Unlimited Canada refreshes its programming to better serve conservation-inspired artists like you, and the people buying your work.
Submit your artwork in any one of these categories for consideration in the 2019 National Art Portfolio.
2019 National Artist of the Year
- One Canadian artist whose work best illustrates the value of wetland conservation will receive national recognition
- Artwork must depict wetlands, wildlife, waterfowl, dogs, horses or outdoor leisure activities such as fishing, hunting, camping, or scenes from Canada’s famous cabin country
- Winner receives National Artist of the Year title, an honorarium, plus 100 artist proofs
2019 Waterfowl Stamp & Print
- One Canadian artist whose work best illustrates a single North American waterfowl species will receive national recognition with a limited-edition, collectible print and stamp set
- Artwork must depict a single species of waterfowl native to North America (Canada, the United States or Mexico)
- Winner receives National Waterfowl Stamp & Print Artist title, an honorarium, and artist proofs
2019 Portfolio Artists
- The work of several Canadian conservation artists will receive national recognition in the 2019 National Art Portfolio collection
- Artwork may depict Canada’s wetlands, wildlife and outdoor recreation scenes, but this category is unrestricted and open to new works
- Winners receive national recognition for their work, artist proofs, and alumni artists additionally receive an honorarium
Only original artwork created from your own reference material may be submitted for consideration.
- All artwork submissions must be accompanied by a completed submission form.
- Your artwork and completed submission form may be submitted either via snail-mail or digitally using a suitable file-transfer format. Contact us with questions.
- Submitted artwork will be considered for inclusion based on the requirements of each artwork category.
- Artists whose work is selected are required to agree to the terms of our Reproduction Agreement.
- Artists retain all rights to their original artwork.
- DUC only assumes copyright for reproductions. Digital and giclée prints are eligible for submission.
- Sorry—photographic works are not eligible for submission.
Help conserve Canada’s wetlands, wildlife and water. Submit your best artwork now!Submit Now