When you contribute to Canada’s premier collection of conservation-inspired artwork, you help DUC draw attention to the critical issues facing our wetlands, wildlife and water.
Deadline for submissions to the 2020 National Art Portfolio: July 31, 2019
Submit your artwork for consideration in the 2020 National Art Portfolio
2020 National Artist of the Year
- One Canadian artist whose work best illustrates the value of wetland conservation will receive national recognition
- Artwork must depict wetlands, wildlife, waterfowl, dogs, horses or outdoor leisure activities such as fishing, hunting, camping, or scenes from Canada’s famous cabin country
- Winner receives National Artist of the Year title, an honorarium, plus artist proofs
2020 Waterfowl Stamp & Print
- One Canadian artist whose work best illustrates a single North American waterfowl species will receive national recognition with a limited-edition, collectible print and stamp set
- Artwork must depict a single species of waterfowl native to North America (Canada, the United States or Mexico)
- Winner receives National Waterfowl Stamp & Print Artist title, an honorarium, and artist proofs
2020 Portfolio Artists
- The work of several Canadian conservation artists will receive national recognition in the 2020 National Art Portfolio collection
- Artwork may depict Canada’s wetlands, wildlife and outdoor recreation scenes, but this category is unrestricted and open to new works
- Winners receive national recognition for their work, artist proofs, and alumni artists additionally receive an honorarium
Only original artwork created from your own reference material may be submitted for consideration.
- All artwork submissions must be accompanied by a completed submission form.
- Your artwork and completed submission form may be submitted either via snail-mail or digitally using a suitable file-transfer format. Contact us with questions.
- Submitted artwork will be considered for inclusion based on the requirements of each artwork category.
- Artists whose work is selected are required to agree to the terms of our Reproduction Agreement.
- Artists retain all rights to their original artwork.
- DUC only assumes copyright for reproductions. Digital and giclée prints are eligible for submission.
- Sorry—photographic works are not eligible for submission.
Any submissions sent for consideration for the 2019 NAP will be reviewed and considered for the 2020 NAP—no need to resend.
Help conserve Canada’s wetlands, wildlife and water. Submit your best artwork now!Submit Now