As a DUC supporter, you know that every acre makes a difference for nature. So does every dollar. That’s why personal fundraisers are powerful tools for conservation.
With Facebook’s fundraisers, you invite friends to donate to DUC to help you reach a personal giving goal. Donations of all sizes are processed through the no-fee PayPal Giving Fund. This means 100% of dollars raised reach us—and go to work conserving habitat across Canada.
Six easy steps for creating your personal fundraiser
Follow these steps to set-up your Facebook fundraiser, or watch the video below.
- Visit DUC’s Facebook page. Click the + Create Fundraiser button beneath our cover photo.
- Click the Ducks Unlimited Canada option that appears in the window, then set your fundraising goal and the date you’d like your fundraiser to end.
- Briefly explain why you are raising money for DUC. You can use the default text that appears, but a personal message or story will be more meaningful for those who know you.
- Set a cover photo. Facebook offers pre-set options; however, it’s best to upload one that inspires you. You can use one of your own, or an image from our gallery below. To upload a photo, click the ? Edit button in the bottom right corner of the image, and then Upload New Photo/Video.
- Click Create.
- Share your fundraiser with us. Click the Share button, select Share in a Private Message from the menu, search for Ducks Unlimited Canada, and click Send.
Get help with your personal fundraiser
Thank you for making DUC your charity of choice. Our conservation success doesn’t happen without people like you. We appreciate your support, and we’re here to help with anything you need.
Images for Personal Fundraisers
We invite you to use one of our conservation-inspired images for your personal fundraiser cover photo. Simply:
- Click an image below to open the larger image file
- Save it to your computer or phone
- Upload it as your cover photo during the set-up process