- Ducks Unlimited Canada is a National non-profit corporation with a mission to conserve, restore and manage wetlands and associated habitats for North American waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people. Registered charitable organization tax number: 118888957 RR0001.
- The lottery will take place from August 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019.
- Raffle is operated under Provincial Lottery License No. 11073 and is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario. All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older; online portal will feature a certified “geofence” that will prohibit purchases from any person physically located – or attempting to access the site from – outside of Ontario.
- Tickets are $10 for one number, $20 for 5 numbers, $50 for 20 numbers.
- Tickets will only be available via the online purchase website: www.ontario5050.ca; purchasers must provide their first name, last name, address, telephone number and e-mail as part of the purchase process and must purchase tickets only with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) via a secure payment gateway.
- Tickets will be sold using a certified online raffle system supplied by AscendFS.
- After buying, purchasers will be presented a downloadable and printable ticket/receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly. Numbers purchased will stored electronically along with the purchasers’ purchase history and information.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw for the period of the raffle (August 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019).
- The amount of the 50/50 will be broadcast and updated live (in real time) on the website www.ontario5050.ca
- The winning number will be featured on the website www.ontario5050.ca after the draw (10:00am EST, October 1, 2019); additionally, the winner will be contacted via telephone and e-mail per the information they submit at time of online purchase.
- Upon verification of the winner’s identity and age, via a scan of a valid provincial or federal photo identification card (i.e., driver’s license, firearm possession permit, passport, etc.), the winner will be sent payment by cheque. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet. A scan of a valid provincial or federal photo identification card (i.e., driver’s license, firearm possession permit, passport, etc.) is acceptable.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that game. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- The winner’s name will be broadcast/posted on the website www.ontario5050.ca and publicized via Ducks Unlimited Canada’s Ontario Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- In the event that attempts to contact the winner are unsuccessful, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than Ducks Unlimited Canada, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Employees of Ducks Unlimited Canada are prohibited to purchase tickets and/or win the grand prize for this raffle.
- The above set of rules will be posted on the website www.ontario5050.ca and may be downloaded (pdf) or printed from that site.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1- 888 – 230 – 3505)