Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Hay and quality grassland for grazing was hard to come by in 2018 in parts of the prairies. The answer for next year may be found with the 2019 forage program from DUC and Nutrien Ag Solutions™.
Available to farmers in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, the program provides financial incentives to use Proven Seed forage varieties to convert cultivated land to hay or pastureland. In Alberta and Saskatchewan, producers receive a rebate of $100 per 50 lb. bag of forage seed; in Manitoba, producers receive a rebate of up to $100 for every new forage acre seeded as part of the program.
For more information, contact your local DUC conservation program specialist or Nutrien Ag Solutions™ retailer.
Learn more about the DUC and Nutrien Ag Solutions™ forage program
Forage program in Alberta
- Download the Alberta forage program fact sheet
- Read the Alberta news release: Amazing Graze: forage program now underway from DUC and Nutrien Ag Solutions™
Forage program in Saskatchewan
306-445-2575 ext. 229
- Download the Saskatchewan forage program fact sheet with target areas
- Read the Saskatchewan news release: Forage ahead with high-quality seed
Forage program in Manitoba
- View the Manitoba forage program target areas
- News release: coming soon